The first charm being introduced in the Wearloom® Collection is the little birdie charm. It represents those babies taken far too soon - those lost to miscarriage, still birth, etc.
Why a bird charm? When I was miscarrying our own baby 27 years ago, I noticed some little birdies that fell out of their nest and died in a bush near our patio. I prayed to God asking Him why our baby couldn't be like the happy little birdies in the nest. Soon, my husband returned home with our 3-year-old and said that there was a sick little bird leaning against our front stoop. Chills went down my spine. It was as if God Himself was preparing my heart to let go.
The little birdie that you'll wear close to your heart appears delicate and knit together, just as your child was in your womb. The birdie also appears chubby, a sign of eternal health. It's beak is open, because it has a song to sing as your child waits for your arrival in heaven someday. It's egg shape denotes that life came from within you.
* 925 Sterling silver
* Rhodium plated or 18K rose gold plated
* High polish finish
* Weight: 4.3g
* Wearloom® branded secure clasp
* Handcrafted by a fairly-paid team of professional jewelers
* Glass eyes available in 4 colors to mix and match with your choice of chain color:
- Silver with emerald green eyes
- Silver with blue topaz eyes
- Rose gold with ruby pink eyes
- Rose gold with tanzanite white eyes
* Wearloom® chain sold separately
* Color may vary due to monitor resolution
This was a gift for my dear sister-in-law that recently had a stillborn baby to help her to know she is not alone, that she is loved, and that her baby will not be forgotten. She was thrilled with the gift and thanked me multiple times for it.